Hard drive fullness limits information help request

NMH drumslayer2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:10:27 PDT 2005

--- "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at flat.berklix.net> wrote:
> >  For shame. A "your question is too dumb to have
> > written to our mailing list"? I hope you are not
> > trying to represent the great open arms of FreeBSD
> and
> > the questions mailing list. My Question is quite
>
> I repeat: You were in contravention of mailing list
> charter:
>
> 	Cross posting is Not approved.  One of Your
>maillists had to be dropped else respondents would
>have also been incontravention of mail list charter.
>Your question  was phrased like a beginner so was
left >on questions at .

 Your reply was "Cross posting 2 lists is deprecated,
so I dropped freebsd-hardware@
as this question is too basic for hardware@ as well as
questions at ."

 My question (to me) seemed relevant to either list.
 The wording of my question was becouse I didn't know
how to phrase it. But your tone suggests (as did your
earlier reply) that beginners are not welcome and you
had better know just what to say and how to say it.
 The point was that you had suggested that my question
was even too simple even for questions at . Perhaps I did
err on posting to both. Insulting my question and
telling me it was too simple for questions was un
called for and a delightful disincentive to others who
may be new to BSD or just new to UNIX or may have a
question for something they do not know.

> Seems you'r a troll looking for a good argument,
> better crawl away & learn:

 Your just being an arogant snot. I suggest you go
away find a nice rock and learn. Especially some
manners.
 People make errors. It happens. Being snotty to
people over it just shows you need to get out more.

 I appologise for wording my question so ignorantly.
 I asked becouse I didn't know.

 NMH.

> 	http://www.freebsd.org with a search box & /usr/src
> 	& a specific mail list for file system issues.
>
> -
> Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant,
> Munich       http://berklix.com
> Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein
> allergischer Kopfschmerz.

The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away
 -- Anon