Xorg Config Problem-[drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 22:13:58 PDT 2005

I've just installed FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0 and ran into a
problem configuring X Window System Version 6.8.2.
I have an ASUS P4P800 motherboard with a built-in graphic
card (Intel 865G GMCH I believe).

I receive the following error message when running the
configuration test:

[drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"
(EE) I810(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

This seems similar to the problem you had with the Intel chipset
945.  I read your comment (below) but don't fully understand what steps
were required.  Could you provide more detail?

"I solved this problem by using the text configuration tool via the
xorgconfig command.  I picked the i810 chipset driver and Xorg started up
just fine."

Thank you,
Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0