[OT] is there a ThinkPad clone?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sat Apr 9 05:27:10 PDT 2005

Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

> 	Apologies up front if anybody thinks this is *too* far OT,
> 	but if the 8 months I've been using FreeBSD on my TP 600E
> 	(400MHz, 288M, 12G). it has become my favorite computer.
> 	__Not__ having that std mouse-pad thing where you scratch
> 	or drag or tap your fingers lets me rest the heel of my left
> 	hand dead-center and type away.  The tiny mouse-stick and the
> 	three cut/paste bars work well too.
>
> 	When I upgrade, I'd like another laptop with the same
> 	layout.  The few other laptops I've looked at all have
> 	that mouse-pad.  Anybody know if there is anything like
> 	a "ThinkPad clone"??

A lot of ThinkPads have both, mouse pad _and_ mouse stick.
<http://www.fabiankeil.de/bilder/produkt-erfahrungen/ibm-thinkpad-r51/aufgeklappt-auf-tepich-400x500.jpg>

I wouldn't count the mere existence of a mouse pad as a reason
against a special laptop.

If you prefer the mouse stick and only use the mouse pad by accident,
you can disable the mouse pad in the BIOS. I did too.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/