mpd and subnet mask

synrat synrat at wirewalk.org
Fri Apr 8 11:07:36 PDT 2005

I got mpd working with little pain, on FB 5.3. all xp clients
are able to connect and browse the network resources,
but no real tcp-ip action is happening inside the VPN.
I can't ping anything or connect to any ports on other machines,
therefore can't use network based applications on machines other then
VPN server. It seems that the subnet mask of the pptp interface gets set
to 255.255.255.255, eventhough ipcp ranges are configured as follows.

set ipcp ranges 192.168.0.201/24 192.168.10.202/24

I turned off the "default gateway" option on the clients.

has anyone run into this ?

thanx a lot in advance.