Ports Fetch timedout

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 10:19:32 PDT 2005

Wendell Hatcher wrote:
> I have a slight problem with the 5.3 release and I
> checked all of your documentation,mailing,lists and on
> the web before coming to you. My problem is when I go
> into any port under the /usr/ports/directory and try
> building that port using make it times out.

Can you try running fetch or the ftp command on the URL the port attempts to
download by hand?  If that doesn't work, you'll need to solve that problem
before the ports tree can download stuff automaticly.

My guess is that you're missing an /etc/resolv.conf which points to valid
nameservers, but it would help to quote an error message...

--
-Chuck