install.cfg (was RE: & No Subject)

wizlayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 03:55:36 PDT 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 02:31 am, John Meing wrote:
> Mike I also tried to use only following line in install.cfg
> (without the rc.conf lines)
>
> command="passwd root" system
>
> which should not has mismatching quote errors (and I tested
> with /stand/sysinstalld and it worked) but it didn't work when
> i put it in install.cfg :((
>
> John Meing

[snip]
> > Okay, but that still doesn't work for the syntax...  Going
> > back to
> >
> > your original post:
> > > command="echo sendmail_enable="NONE" >> /etc/rc.conf"
> > > system
> >
> > would at best cause mismatching quote errors (which is what
> > I'm assuming you're getting?)
> >
> > Mike

hmmm...  I googled this list and found the following link (which
may wrap in email):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-January/031620.html

I'm thinking perhaps this function through sysinstall isn't
completely implemented yet.... or....  I've just noticed there's
no mention of a shell (hmmmm)...

Maybe something like:

# /stand/sysinstall command="sh passwd root" system

Even though it doesn't seem to work from the command line, I
wonder if the problem isn't something along these lines?  Perhaps
putting these commands into a script and then having install.cfg
run the script instead would clear it up.

(I'm shooting in the dark here, I know...  But now I'm curious...)

Mike