beastie 5.X boot menu

Tomas Quintero tomasq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:41:34 PDT 2005

Theres a few ways to disable beastie, and sorry for the top posting:

Firstly, there was a large discussion about this started by someone
and it is on marc.theaimsgroup

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&w=2&r=1&s=Stupid+ASCII+loader+prompt+&q=b

I didn't feel like reading them all again, but the answer to your
problem IS in one of those.

The way to disable the beastie loader is:

in /boot/loader.conf set
beastie_disable="YES"

Enjoy,
Tomas