MySQL client only

Irina freebsd.list at nas.net
Thu Apr 7 12:47:57 PDT 2005

Hello at FreeBSD list.

I am having a problem with MySQL on a server.  When I access MySQL server
4.1.10 from a C program (or on the command line), I have this
    ERROR 1043: Bad handshake

It says I should upgrade my client on this server.  Trying to do so by doing

Updated ports/database collection
# cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql41-client
# make

>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
fetch:
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/mysql-4.1.11.tar.gz: File
unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql41-client.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql41-client.

Not sure what to do.

Or, may be my mistake was that I CVSUPed only ports/databases?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Irina