ps2pdf and ps2epsi behaving strange

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Thu Apr 7 05:26:12 PDT 2005

After using these tools, installing the epsmegre port (and some others)
and then removing the latter again, the former have stopped working!

bash-2.05b$ ps2pdf elcFront.ps
Unknown device: pdfwrite
bash-2.05b$ ps2epsi elcFront.ps
Unknown device: bit
bash-2.05b$

How come those devices they ask for have dissapeared, or why have they
suddenly developed a need for them?

Oddly enough, ps2epsi seems to produce the correct output, regardless of
the error - ps2pdf not so.

I have reinstalled ghostscript-gnu, but it didn't solve the problem.

Are there some port around that messed with them in a way that didn't
showed up untill I pkg_delete'd those ports?

/Andreas