Mick Walker Mick.Walker at bodycareint.com
Thu Apr 7 04:22:14 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: wizlayer [mailto:wizlayer at gmail.com]
Sent: 07 April 2005 12:17
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Cc: attackers at gmail.com
Subject: Re:

On Thursday 07 April 2005 05:16 am, John Meing wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to create customized freebsd 4.11 installation CD, it is
> almost done but I found some problem with customized install.cfg for
> sysinstall.
>
> Here is my install.cfg

[snip]

> command="echo rc_conf_files="/etc/rc.conf /etc/rc.conf.local"
> >> /etc/rc.conf" system
> command="echo sshd_enable="YES" >> /etc/rc.conf" system command="echo
> sendmail_enable="NONE" >> /etc/rc.conf" system command="passwd root"
> system shutdown
>
> Most of processes for sysinstall works fine except process for the
> lines begin with "command" does not work, I don't know why, Could
> someone help me ?
>

> Best Regards,
> John Meing

I can imagine it would.  If there was a command= (could be, but
I'm relatively new to doing the automated install stuff), it's
not mentioned in the example install.cfgs I've seen.  Besides,
even if it is an option, think about how it would carry out...
it makes about as much sense as telling your shell to:

echo "hello="hola""

... syntax is kinda sucky.

HTH,

Mike

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a section in the handbook/man pages
relating to creating custom install images?
I would find this really useful TBH. However from work I do not have
access to the internet, or the handbook installed locally to check.

Thanks
Mick Walker
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential. It must not be read, copied disclosed or used by any person other than the named recipient. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The views expressed in this mail are the views of the author and may not be the views of the company. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediatly. There may be attachments to this email which may contain viruses which could damage your own computer system. BodyCare International has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise the risk, but cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening attachments.

BodyCare International
BodyCare House, Blackett Road, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL1 2BJ
Tel: 01325 360900
Fax: 01325 363922