New user questions :)

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Thu Apr 7 01:55:52 PDT 2005

>> Graham Bentley <gbentley at uk2.net> wrote:
>> I also wondered if there is a project based on FreeBSD that
>>> achieves similar goals to SME Server (ie all in one LAN server
>>> with Web config) or similar to Trustix (ie minimal config with
>>> series of scripts to configure server services.

>> Not that I know of, but it sure would be a nice project, huh?
>
> definitely a nice one.
>
> hmm...what would be the best way to go about it?
>  - add an option to sysinstall "SME" (well, whatever that would be named
> of course)
>  - add a port that 'depends' / installs all the other ports needed
>     - with questions and answer to start setting up your system...or
> some kind of UI for it (ugh)
>  - same as with ports, but prec-compiled packages.
>
> hmm...must download SME to test and see how they went about it.

Hi Guys, Iw as wondering how I would even go about starting a project
like this using FreeBSD as I know even less than I do about Linux (not
much) but I really rate SME and would love to see a FreeBSD version as
FreeBSD seems even more suited to this type of thing (ie a stable distro
to base a good project on:)

Did you get round to checking out SME ?