Procmail: how to deliver email over an ssh-tunnel to my smtp server.

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 23:01:49 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm having 4.11 and 5.3 FreeBSD PCs.

All incoming email arrives through fetchmail (using
imap protocol).

I then filter all email with procmail, which is
configured such that it
   trashes spam, or
   delivers to local mailbox, or
   forwards to another external address.

For external delivery, I have set up an ssh tunnel
to my smtp server:

 ssh -N -f -L 2525:localhost:25 smtp.server.it

What do I have to do next, to have the delivery
work properly?

Can I tell procmail to push the email directly onto
the port 2525 of the ssh tunnel?

Or do I have to reconfigure sendmail for this?
(sendmail reconfiguration info looks like a
nightmare to me though....).

Do I have other options?

Thanks,
Rob.