ipf.rules

Francis Whittington fewjr at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 5 17:50:12 PDT 2005

Hi all,
    In ipf.rules at the section below it says to run 1st rule, then look for ip address, put it in commented out rule and delete 1st rule . How do I know what ip address is my isp's DHCP server address?  >

# Allow out access to my ISP's DHCP server for cable or DSL networks.
# This rule is not needed for 'user ppp' type connection to the
# public Internet, so you can delete this whole group.
# Use the following rule and check log for IP address.
# Then put IP address in commented out rule & delete first rule
pass out log quick on dc0 proto udp from any to any port = 67 keep state
#pass out quick on dc0 proto udp from any to z.z.z.z port = 67 keep state