[solved] Re: segfaulting gcc

Jiri Novak novak at nostromo.cz
Tue Apr 5 02:56:45 PDT 2005

Jiri Novak wrote:
> The error always occur at the same place, in ports (it was firefox and
> mplayer
> for sure, not quite sure about others) and in buildworld, so I don't
> suspect faulty hardware.
> No useful messages in /var/log/messages...
> Well, it seems that I'm doomed :(
> --
> Jiri Novak

I hate to followup to myself, but I solved the problem... in a way :)
I did download base distribution of 5.4-BETA1 and replaced my b0rken
/usr/libexec/cc* binaries with "clean" ones. After that I'd rebuilt
world and kernel with more sane optimization settings (I was using -O2,
which probably caused the problem) and everything works happily, ports
are building with no segfaults.
If anybody have the same problem and is as desperate as I was (the system
is physically almost unacessible for me), this may be the quick and dirty
solution...
--
Jiri Novak