printing

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:53:37 PDT 2005

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html

I just went trough this and the words that came to my mind when i
finaly reach the end was "O MY GOD"

Its a very nice manual but it gives you this "Do i really need a
printer ?" feeling.

This part i liked alot about the usb :)

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing-intro-setup.html#PRINTING-HARDWARE

"USB interfaces, named for the Universal Serial Bus, can run at even
faster speeds than parallel or RS232 serial interfaces. Cables are
simple and cheap. USB is superior to RS232 Serial and to Parallel for
printing, but it is not as well supported under UNIX(r) systems. A way
to avoid this problem is to purchase a printer that has both a USB
interface and a Parallel interface, as many printers do."

lol, a very nice translation that says usb = no printing :)

So my question is, for printing sake let there be a other way.
What do you use to print stuff, for example on a shared windows printer :)

I guess there are only 3 choses LPD LPRng CUPS ?