Tyan Tiger i7320 - Free BSD install faild

Cristi Tudose cristi.tudose at rdsor.ro
Mon Apr 4 22:16:58 PDT 2005

Hi.
Please, I need a little help !!!
I have buy'd a PC with:

Tyan Tiger i7320 MB,
2*2,8 Xeon Processors
High Point Rocket Raid 1640
4*250Gb WD Hdd's
1Gb Memory
CD-RW - Asus CRW-5232AS

I want to install a FreeBSD 5.3.
The boot process is starting very well, but when he try to detect the devices connected to the two ata channel, I recive this error:

ata0-MASTER: FAILURE - ATAPI IDENTIFI ERROR Time out   (probably the cdrom)
ata2-MASTER: FAILURE - ATA IDENTIFI ERROR Time out
ata3-MASTER: FAILURE - ATA IDENTIFI ERROR Time out
ata4-MASTER: FAILURE - ATA IDENTIFI ERROR Time out
ata5-MASTER: FAILURE - ATA IDENTIFI ERROR Time out
ata6-MASTER: FAILURE - ATA IDENTIFI ERROR Time out

I so a standard install,
I set up the partitions,
in the select media, chose CD-ROM/DVD
but the sysintsall tell me there is no cd/dvd-rom

i have made a bios update.
But this don't resolve my prolem :(

I have try to remove the HPT Rocket Raid 1640, and than to install the FreeBSD, but the error don't dispare.

ata0-MASTER: FAILURE - ATAPI IDENTIFI ERROR Time out

I have tryed to install the FreeBSD 5.3 with other 4 cd-roms. But with no success.

Is a bug in FreeBSD ? Or is a Hardware error ?
The Windows 2000 and XP work fine. I have installed both for test.

Please help me !!! Any sugestion is helpfull.

With Friendship
       Cristian Tudose

P.S. Excuse  my english knowlege