New Freebsd Install Guide Available

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Apr 4 21:01:24 PDT 2005

That sort of thing may be present in some books but it wasn't in
mine.

I will say one thing though, that a 3rd party book must specialize on
some aspect of FreeBSD if people are going to buy it.  People that
buy documentation usually have a more specific need than that they
just want to boot FreeBSD on whatever spare PC they have lying around.
So, for example in my book all examples were Bourne shell, because
the focus of the book wasn't on running shells under UNIX.  However I
never wrote in the book that that readers should only use Bourne.
In fact, on the section on system administration I specifically said
Bourne and csh wern't optimal for new users, and tcsh and bash were
more popular, followed by an overview of the major shells.  Please
be careful where your swinging that tarpot and brush in the future.

Ted Mittelstaedt
Author, The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide.
http://www.freebsd-corp-net-guide.com/