mpd VPN Server / W2K Clients

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Mon Apr 4 09:35:54 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton Zavrin" <antonzav at cocmast.net>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: mpd VPN Server / W2K Clients

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-December/027869.ht
> ml
>
> I'm having absolutely identical problem with my MPD (it used to work and
> then it just stopped, who knows why). I tried to follow up on that
solution
> you posted, but that page no longer opens up. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you much!
>
> --

Anton, some things too look for here. Are the remote systems using Win XP?
If so, are their firewalls configured to allow traffic from your network on
TCP ports 1723? Also, is GRE being blocked at any point between your mpd
system and their end? If it just stopped working, has anyone placed a
firmware firewall device in recently? Many of them that I've run across
recently don't even know what GRE is so a specific entry has to be made to
allow protocol 47 to pass freely in order to get pptp to function properly.

Hope it helps.

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.