just got DSL, can't surf or get mail

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Apr 4 00:57:39 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:06:16PM -0500, Brian John wrote:

[...]
> Ok, I think you may have pointed me to the source of the problem.  Here
> is what my resolv.conf looks like after every time I reboot my compuer:
> search domain.actdsltmp
> nameserver 192.168.0.1
> nameserver 205.171.3.65

If /etc/resolv.conf changes after every reboot, I would say that either
your DHCP setup is at fault or your ppp.conf set needs to be looked
at. Can you be sure that your service provider isn't handing the
"192.168.0.1" ip-address to you?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>                    Once is dumb luck.