ipfilter.log

Francis Whittington fewjr at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 3 18:32:53 PDT 2005

Hi guys,
    I've been following this guide:
http://www.unixguide.net/freebsd/fbsd_installguide/index.php
So far I have gotten the firewall/router to work. Everything seems to be okay, except I do not see anything being logged in ipfilter.log. My rc.conf options are:

moused_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_type="auto"
moused_flags="-m 2=3"
allscreens_flags="-m on -c blink -h 200"
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
hostname="gateway.fbsdbuds.com"
saver="logo"
ifconfig_rl0="DHCP"
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Ds"
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipnat_rules="/etc/ipnat.rules"
ifconfig_rl1="inet 10.0.10.2 netmask 255.255.255.248"
gateway_enable="YES"

I am using ipf.rules and ipnat.rules. I created ipfilter.log in /var/log/ and I added this line to syslog.conf:
    Local0.* /var/log/ipfilter.log
and I added the following line to newsyslog.conf for rotating the log.
/var/log/ipfilter.log       600  5      100     $M1D0  J
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I do not get anything in my ipfilter.log.

                                                       Thanks
                                                      fewjr/Buddy