FreeBSD server behind router-NAT; how to configure sendmail?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 08:36:39 PDT 2005

Emanuel Strobl wrote:\>
> If you don't have /etc/mail/yourhostname.domain.mc
> then you should cd to /etc/mail and type "make",
> after you edited the file "make all install restart"

Thanks for your help. I generated the files with this
make command, and all just worked out of the box.
I can send email, without needing to tell sendmail
about my hostname. So far so good.

However, next what I need, is using another port for
sending emails out. I have googled and read the
sendmail FAQs, but I am completely at a loss here.

There is a FAQ, that explains:

  If you want all outgoing SMTP connections to use
  port 2525, you can use this in your .mc file:

  define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 2525')
  define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 2525')

I have put this in my hostname.mc file, but to no
avail. I'm probably not familiar enough with sendmail
way of doing things. But then this is such a simple
thing, that it should be easy.

I suppose that with "netstat -a", there should be
a line with port 2525, if above works. But that is
not there.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks,
Rob.