fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 device

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Apr 3 06:19:43 PDT 2005

Gert Cuykens wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2005 7:22 AM, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 31, 2005 3:34 AM, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is boot0 a bootmanager ?
>>>

>>I booted cd2 went into fixit mode did
>>
>>mount /dev/ad1 /mnt
>>cd /mnt/boot
>>fdisk -B -b /dev/ad1 boot0
>>
>>fdisk ask me to write boot record i said yes
>>fdisk ask me to write partition table i said no
>>
>>but i still dont have my freebsd bootmanager back and windows get loaded :(
>>what did i do wrong ?
>>

> i did it again but i answert 2 times yes now
> i have a boot manager this time but only f1 (windows) works when i
> press f2 nothing happens ?

I believe the handbook covers dual booting. Please consider reading it a
few times - as I mentioned before, the Handbook will answer most of your
questions.

In addition, search this list for "other" methods of doing dual boots
with Windows. It's been covered many times.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Real programmers can do octal, hexadecimal and
binary math in their heads.