5.3 auto starting NFS by error

bob at a1poweruser.com bob at a1poweruser.com
Sat Apr 2 14:31:47 PST 2005

My rc.conf only contains the default serial mouse statements and the
usbd_enable statement.

I also get this msg in the boot log  "Mounting NFS file systems"

The only way to stop the 4 nfsoid tasks is issue a kill command on
their task number every time you boot the system  or recompile the
kernel and remove the nfs statements in the kernel source.

Answering no to the 2 questions in stand/sysinstall about nfs client
and server should have prevented those nfs tasks from starting at
boot time like in the 4.x releases.