xdmcp using gdm not working...
freebsd at stortsett.se
Sat Apr 2 01:10:33 PST 2005
I've installed gnome 2.10 (as you know from my old post regarding the
gnome power tools package). It works except for one thing... I've used
xdm configured for xdmcp on my home LAN to connect from my Win box to
FreeBSD. On the Win box I use Cygwin/X at it works fine...
But now I've switched to gdm and it does not work anymore. I've enabled
xdmcp in gdm.conf and made and verified the changes to hosts.allow.
What happens is that it seems to open the connection but closes it
instantly. I've tried about any setting I can change in Cygwin but I
don't think the problem is there because I tried to use the chooser in
gdm locally on the FreeBSD box and the same thing happens there... I've
read gdm.conf a couple of times and Google'd to no avail...
If I switch back to xdm it works again but I would like to use gdm...
More information about the freebsd-questions