Compiling DBD::Oracle against Oracle 10g (Linux)?

Richard Morse remorse at partners.org
Fri Apr 1 08:08:48 PST 2005

Hi!  I'm trying to set up DBD::Oracle to use the Oracle 10g Client (for
Linux).  I have Oracle installed, and sqlplus works just fine.
However, DBD::Oracle seems to have problems.  I've included a "script"
session which contains a typical build (I did run through the all the
various suggestions in the README, but they had no real differences).
I haven't yet emailed the dbi-users list; I thought I would ask here
first to see if anyone has solved this problem before, especially since
I am using the linux compatibility layer to get Oracle to run...

The primary error that I'm trying to understand is, when running make
test:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'/root/.cpan/build/DBD-Oracle-1.16/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
for module DBD::Oracle: Shared object "libnnz10.so" not found, required
by "libclntsh.so.10.1" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/mach/DynaLoader.pm
line 230.

Thanks,
Ricky Morse