MySQLd crash: signal 11

Olaf van der Spek olafvdspek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 02:30:14 PST 2005

Hi,

I've got MySQL 4.1 and FreeBSD 4 and have some issues with it crashing.
Does anyone know what could cause this or how it could be solved?

uname -a
FreeBSD greek-torrents.com 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Tue Feb
 8 22:53:48 CET 2005
igor at ds-24.ispserver.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/HOSTING  i386

050331 22:21:00  mysqld restarted
050331 22:21:00  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43912
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.1.10'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306  FreeBSD
port: mysql-server-4.1.10
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=16384
read_buffer_size=258048
max_used_connections=36
max_connections=200
threads_connected=28
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size +
sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 63214 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

050331 22:21:34  mysqld restarted
050331 22:21:34  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43912