ipfw console messages

Norm Vilmer norm at etherealconsulting.com
Thu Sep 30 09:09:15 PDT 2004

I have been running a IPFW firewall on FreeBSD 4.10 for a few weeks
now. For some reason a few connection attempts are showing up on the
console rather than going to the log file. I can't seem to figure out
why. Any ideas?

I have tried adding the 'log' key word to every deny statement in my
IPFW firewall config file. For the most part all denied packets are
logged to /var/log/ipfw.log. But about 3-12 per night are not. These
also show up in the security run output email as kernel log messages.