Sendmail default installed? Why it is in port collection because?

gkullak at fi.uba.ar gkullak at fi.uba.ar
Thu Sep 30 06:12:35 PDT 2004

My question is in the subject.
If you search in port collection you will see: sendmail and sendmail-sasl.
sendmail-sasl contains only Makefile, I supouse that it compile the
sendmail port with SASL paramether and others.
But why I must install sendmail port if I see that Sendmail is up and
running in my FreeBSD but in "#pkg_info -l" list it not appear.

How can I remove it totaly? Whats happened if i go to
#/usr/ports/mail/sendmail or sendmail-sasl and install it?

This problem found first when I configure Sendmail por SMTP auth and
before when I try to replace Sendmail with Postfix.

Regards.

PS: Sorry for my english.

--

Gustavo Ariel Kullak