Anyone here already configured wine on freebsd?? Help me please

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 00:50:31 PDT 2004

Good day!
   I've already installed the binary package of wine
for freebsd which i've downloaded from winehq. My
problem is that, no matter how hard I read the
configuration section of their documentation, I can't
figure out how the software works...
I've already copied the example config file I found
from the directory /documentation/samples of the
latest wine source code to $HOME/.wine/ but when I
tried to `wine winampinstaller.exe` i got an error
which says:

Invalid path L"c:\\windows" for L"windows" directory:
does not exist.
Perhaps you have not properly edited your Wine
configuration file (/root/.wine/config

Please explain this, cause I don't really know what's
happening here. I've been reading their docs again and
again, but I can't seem to find any line such as:
"edit this line in config and change it to something
bla bla..." All it says are merely explanation of what
the line does, not how should I modify that certain
line..

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.. Hope this one works=(

-jay