NDIS problem on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE (I think)....

Eric Schuele E.Schuele at Comcast.Net
Wed Sep 29 20:53:27 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm not sure who to go to with this.  I managed to get everything installed
the way I like it on my Dell laptop... including the miniPCI WLAN adapter
using the NDIS wrapper for Windows Drivers.

It appears to work flawlessly when I am within range of a WAP... but when I am
at the office (where there are none)...  I occasionally get completely locked
up.  If I leave it locked up for a minute or so, it dies and reboots itself.
I might think it is my wired interface except I can run on it all night at
home (WAP is present).  Guess I could try disabling my WAP at home and run
wired.  But its a bit random.... so I could be like that for hours at home.

It generally happens 2-3 times in an 8 hour period.  Saw it happen once when I
manually ran dhclient.  If I manually unload the NDIS  modules after booting
up... It never happens.  So I suspect the NDIS wrapper.

I realize the work may not be completed on these wrappers... but though maybe
if I could let the appropriate folks know... maybe they could fix it before
it becomes a real problem.

Any help is appreciated.
Eric