FreeBSD hardware specifications

TM4525 at aol.com TM4525 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 09:20:24 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/29/04 8:44:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com writes:
On Wednesday 29 September 2004 04:12, annuar wrote:
> I'm interested on FreeBSD (download the 4.10) and would like to
> install it either on this machine or a new machine.

If you are a new FreeBSD user, you might want to wait a week or two and
download the 5.3 release. 5.x versions have been available for some
time as new technology releases, but 5.3 will be a stable release.
Lets be real. Anything with "FreeBSD 5.x" and "stable" in the same context
is an oxymoron. It MAY be stable, IF it works on your motherboard, and IF
you don't use a card that hasn't been tested, and IF there are no buglets in
your bios and IF the stars line up in a pattern that looks like your
grandmother. Try freebsd 4.10. Unless you're in some kind of hurry to go gray.