(no subject)

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Wed Sep 29 01:19:09 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 04:56, dani wrote:
> Hey
>
> Sorry to steal your time, but I have a seriuos problem.
> I have the Freebsd  4.10 operation system and its runing on
> the i386 platform.
> I have a problem with the sound card. My sound card is on the motherbord
> and i think it is the Realtek'97 sound card.
> I have no drivers and not enough knowledge to install this sound card.

I solved a similar problem by following the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

to load all sound drivers. You will see a long list of messages scroll
by early in the boot sequence (before /etc/rc).

I wonder if there is a way to deduce from this which driver hit?

Gary Dunn
Honolulu