IP address conflicts

russell russm-freebsd-questions at slofith.org
Sun Sep 26 22:36:17 PDT 2004

or use a tool like arpwatch that is specifically designed to let you
know when MAC/IP relationships change on your network.

you log the MAC addresses of all the fixed workstations in the school,
then when one of them starts doing the wrong thing you know *exactly*
where to go to nab the culprit. If it's not one of the fixed
workstations then you've got a bit more work to find the kiddie, but
it's nothing insurmountable.