Star Office for Mac OS10

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 02:24:10 PDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 06:16:15PM -0400, Charmian Lang wrote:

>  A friend of mine recommended I download Star Office for my Mac, to
> take the place of MSW, which I cannot afford.  I don't understand how
> your website works; ergo, how to access information on this software
> and instructions as to downloading it.
>
> Please help!

You seem to be confused.  StarOffice is a proprietary product of Sun
Microsystems -- you'ld need to start at this URL:

    http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/index.html

and pay to licence and download the package.  Unfortunately it appears
that Sun do not provide a MacOS X version.

Instead, might I suggest the very similar OpenOffice package?  That's
based on the same original code base as StarOffice, but it's available
for free.  MacOS X packages can be downloaded from:

   http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.2/index.html

or the English localised MacOS X version can be had directly from
here:

   http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew