Portupgrade problem, possible pkgdb problem?

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Sat Sep 25 18:14:22 PDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 05:13, Alex de Kruijff wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 04:18:47PM -0700, Matt Navarre wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 September 2004 02:35, Matt Navarre wrote:
> > > I'm trying to upgrade gnucash, but portupgrade is choking:

<*snip*>

> > > It looks like the pkgdb has something wrong with it, but pkgdb -Fu
> > > doesn't report anything that seems like it would cause portupgrade to
> > > bomb. There's a duplicate origin for cdrtools, but that doesn't seem to
> > > pertain.
> > >
> > > Should I move /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db out of the way and regenerate it?
> > > Will pkgdb -u recreate pkgdb.db?
> >
> > Ok, that didn't work. I regenerated pkgdb.db using pkgdb -u and got the
> > same problem. Odd thing is that so far gnucash is the only installed
> > package that generates this error. I suppose I can pkg_delete it and try
> > reinstalling.
>
> It could be a problem with the DBDriver. You could try this:
> Edit /root/.cs...
> and add
> PORTS_DBDRIVER=bdb1_hash
> PKG_DBDRIVER=bdb1_hash
Doesn't the DBDRIVER bug result in ruby dumping core? 'Cuz it isn't in this
case, it fails gracefully.

I'll go ahead and try this, but I suspect that the /var/db/pkg info for
gnucash or one of it's dependancies got horked up. We'll see.

--
"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming,
 and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind