cannot see Windows after installing FreeBSD

Mike Hauber m.hauber at mchsi.com
Sat Sep 25 11:58:32 PDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 01:33 pm, Chris proclaimed:

> In addition to the above, is there a way to "edit" the
> boot menu?

Have a look at the FAQs.  I not sure it would be practical
to do so.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html
(specifically, check out 9.10-9.13)

I quit using DOS right after the ME release, so I don't know
if this is something specific to XP or not...  However,
back when I had 98 installed, I had no problems loading
both.

Hope that helps.

Mike

PS...  I heard somewhere that XP has it's own boot menu?  If
you don't want to use a boot tool from ports/sysutils, then
there are always the DOS options (I don't remember what
they're called, but I seem to remember several out there
worth mentioning).