what password files do i need?

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 11:37:52 PDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:31:31 +0100
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> /etc/master.passwd and /etc/group -- you can regenerate /etc/passwd
> from /etc/master.passwd by running:
>
>     # pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd
>
> But note that there have been changes to the standard system accounts
> which you will need to merge.

Thanks for correcting that.
I'm thinking about a clean install, too, when 5.3 comes out. Luckily,
I'm using it alone, which makes the restoring of user accounts rather
easy... =)

> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Kind regards,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.