Very very slow

Sheets, Jason (OZ CEEDR) jason.sheets at hp.com
Fri Sep 24 12:56:19 PDT 2004

What type of SCSI controller are you using, was performance always very
slow or has it just started recently, there isn't a lot of information
in your message but it sounds a lot like a hardware issue to me though
it could also be misconfiguration.

Check /var/log and see if there are any error messages that explain it,
are you certain you aren't experiencing failing hardware?

Also is CPU utilization abnormally high, try running some disk benchmark
utilities or otherwise measure I/O performance.

Are you running a custom kernel, if so does it perform differently with
the GENERIC kernel?

There are any number of things on the hardware or software side that can
manifest as performance problems.

Jason