Abt BSD installation

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Fri Sep 24 04:55:45 PDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, ramuK hsiraH wrote:

> Hai
>    I have installed FreeBSD5.3 on my system
>
>     it still prompts with the message
>
>     FreeBSD....
>     boot:
>
>    --->  if i press enter it prompts with the message
>

>       no kernel
>
>     please help me....

I'd try to boot the installation cd, to interrupt the boot countdown and
to switch into the command line mode of the boot loader and to enter the
command "lsdev". Beside those on the cd, you should see the file systems
available on your hard disk then, too. By entering the command "set
currdev=disk1s1a" (e.g., replace "disk1s1a" by the partition name of the
root fs on the hard disk) and entering commands like "ls" and "cd" you can
try to look at the root fs to see whether there's something wrong.

Regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2 at gwdg.de