Slow page loading in firefox

Choy Kho Yee khoyee at tf7.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Sep 23 21:15:13 PDT 2004

Hello, I am using FreeBSD 5.3BETA5. I haven't do anything to the kernel
or anything system-related. I installed firefox 0.9.3. It takes more
than 10 seconds to load mozilla's homepage. Of course other accessing
to other sites gave the same results.

Then, to compare, I installed opera 7.54 and it loads pages in less
than 2 seconds. However, firefox is my favourite browser. So, is there
any way that I can know what is wrong? Does firefox keeps some logs
when it connects? Or has anyone else experience the same problem?

btw, I installed softwares from the ports collection.

Thanks.

---
Choy Kho Yee
url: http://dotkoyi.infoseek.ne.jp/
blog: http://dotkoyi.blogspot.com/

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, i.e. those who
understand binary numbers and those who do not."