Ntpd assistance

James Hong freebsd-ml at nightmaestro.com
Thu Sep 23 05:37:13 PDT 2004

 i had a machine where internal clock runs 1.5 times faster than normal
clock.
as a result time will be about 5min faster every 30min or so.
if internal clock is busted like mine, ntpd will not be able to sync time.
It takes as long as few days to sync few min on your unix clock.

Also if i remember correctly unix keeps internal clock and system clock
separatly.

read
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/ntpd.html

PS. use closer tier 2 or tier 3  and multiple sources (as long as they are
public)