Ntpd assistance

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Sep 22 14:27:22 PDT 2004

Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. September 2004 17:19 schrieb alden.pierre:
> > /etc/rc.conf contains the following:
> >
> > ntpdate_enable="YES"
> > ntpdate_flags="timex.cs.columbia.edu"
> > xntpd_enable="YES"        # Run ntpd Network Time Protocol
> >
> > /etc/ntpd.conf contains the following:
>        ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't ntpd 4.1 use ntp.conf instead of
> ntpd.conf?
>
> You can try -c /etc/ntpd.conf
>
> -Harry

In addition to this minor error ...

I don't believe you can reliably run both ntpdate and xntpd.  Besides,
if you plan to run xntpd anyway, just set xntpd_flags="-g" and it will
behave the same as ntpdate at startup, as well as running continually
to ensure your clock stays synced.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies