reload rc.conf during boot process

Markie mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 21 11:28:40 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
To: "Markie" <mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: reload rc.conf during boot process

| On 2004-09-21 15:04, Markie <mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
| > Just tested that out and it seems to work, it didn't start up sshd with
my
| > test config! I had a little problem(?) with rcorder though, I think. I
| > specified
| >
| > # REQUIRE: mountcritlocal
| >
| > and from what I read, I was expecting my script to come up somewhere
very
| > near mountcritlocal, but it actually appeared after sendmail.. which is
| > miles away. I solved it for now by putting
| >
| > # BEFORE: ipfilter
| >
| > aswell,
|
| Cool!  This is AFAIK the Right Way(TM) to add things in a specific place
| in the rcorder list.

Alright that's cool :) So long as ipfilter doesn't change in the order, so
it's not straight after mountcritlocal, for whatever reason I will be
alright.

| > Thanks alot!!
|
| You're welcome :)

Thank you :)

I've setup a slave NIS server on my test machine and done some ypsetme
stuff in rc.conf.uea so it only tries to use itself as the NIS server (I
think, seems to work!). Only problem left now the NFS home directory stuff,
looks like I might have to be replacing fstab and copying my home directory
across every so often or something :) Maybe I could try make the little
menu thing a port if it's any use to laptop users, or maybe it's a little
bit too hackish for that.