setiathome

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Sep 20 23:59:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:12:09PM +0000, Brett Wiggins wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am wondering which version of setiathome is best to install on FreeBSD 5.2.1 -RELEASE. linux-setiathome or setiathome?

You'll be fine with setiathome, which is the native FreeBSD version.
If you want to run linux-setiathome, you will need the linux dependencies
too.

However, seti at home is transitioning towads BOINC architecture.
AFAIK, there is no boinc or seti-boinc port yet in the tree.
You could either run the old setiathome binary (seti at home project
is still serving work units and collecting results from it), and
wait until someone adds boinc and seti-boinc to the ports tree,
or you could try to compile them yourself (and if you can, please
create the port for us).

> Brett

Cheers,
-cpghost.