setiathome

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Sep 20 22:41:03 PDT 2004

neither!!!

Please DO NOT install any of this, the seti at home project is nearly
concluded (the aliens didn't phone home) and the project does not
want your CPU cycles wasted on this software.

Instead you need to download, compile, and install BOINC from here:

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_participate.php

and if you want to help the cleanup on seti then compile the seti
module and add it into boinc,, otherwise there are other projects
that are available that are just as deserving (if not more deserving)
that need your CPU cycles far more than SETI does.

Ted