how to update XFree libs?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Mon Sep 20 02:59:56 PDT 2004

Hi all,

today I noticed a security issue with XFree86 libs in my daily sec. mailing
from one of my servers, so I updated my ports collection via
"cvsup /root/ports-supfile" (ports-all). But after that, I still can't
update my X libs:

[ 11:59 mx2 at ebox XFree86-4-libraries ] make install clean
===>  XFree86-libraries-4.4.0_1 has known vulnerabilities:
>> xpm --- image decoding vulnerabilities.
   Reference:
<http://people.freebsd.org/~eik/portaudit/ef253f8b-0727-11d9-b45d-000c41e2cdad.html>
>> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
When will I learn?  The answers to life's problems aren't at the bottom of
a bottle.  They're on TV!

  -- Homer Simpson
     There's No Disgrace Like Home