ATAPICAM - cdrecord will not recognize my DVD burner

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Sun Sep 19 12:50:28 PDT 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 09:51, Fabian Keil wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 14:55, BSDjunkie wrote:
> > I have been using cdrecord since I built my system. I
> > have an Asus A7N8X delux motherboard, AMD 3200+ cpu,
> > 2G of ram and (2) 15,000 rpm scsi drives.
> >
> > I recently bought a Toshiba DVD+r/-r burner, which I
> > replaced my DVDr/CDRW drive with.
> >
> > The new drive is detected at bootup:
> >
> > acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552B> at ata0-master
> > PIO4
>
> Do you later see lines like:
>
> cd0 at ata0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> cd1 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> cd2 at ata1 bus 0 target 1 lun 0?
>
> If not, you probably need to add
>
> device          atapicam

You also need

device            cd

So it will attach to the DVD burner.

See the handbook on adding atatpicam to your kernel:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html#ATAPICAM

> to your kernel configuration.
>
> > However, cdrecord --scanbus no longer can see the
> > drive through scsi emulation.
>
> What does it see?
>
> Regards
> Fabian

"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming,
 and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind
 of thing doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould