Ssh connection

Pota Kalima hpota at mac.com
Sun Sep 19 10:15:30 PDT 2004

On 19/9/04 5:56 pm, "Kevin Stevens" <freebsd at pursued-with.net> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2004, at 05:28, Pota Kalima wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble connecting TO my base machine which runs release
>> 5.2.1
>> from 2 other machines (Mac OS X, and Windoz). I can connect to the OS X
>> machine FROM this base machine as well as from the windoz machine.
>
> What happens if you try to ssh to the machine from itself?
>
> KeS

Tried to ssh to machine itself and got the following:

$ Ssh 192.168.0.5
The authenticity of host '192.168.0.5 (192.168.0.5)' can't be established.
DSA key fingerprint is 42:98:e3:11:
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? Yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.0.5' (DSA) to the list of known hosts.

[There was a prolonged pause here, I almost rebooted the machine]

Sep 19 18:10:00 localhost sshd[581]: fatal: Timeout before authentification
for 192.168.0.5
Connection closed by 192.168.0.5

$

Pota