DVD question...

Glenn Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Sun Sep 19 08:47:11 PDT 2004

Yup--as I said... :)

>>But I'm having a dickens of a time finding something that will let
>>me author DVDs. Any pointing in directions or help would be greatly
>>appreciated!
>>

>Try searching the ports tree :P
>
>man ports

Y'know--I *had* searched the ports tree. I found one package, but it
wasn't anywhere near 'ready' for primetime.

/usr/ports/multimedia/dvdauthor

 From the homepage  "A simple set of tools to help you author a DVD. The
idea is to be able to create menus, buttons, chapters, etc, but for now
you can just take an mpeg stream (as created by mplex -f 8 from
mjpegtools 1.6.0) and write it to DVD."

I figured maybe I was missing something, so I figured I'd ask.

>I've personally have had better luck with mutlimedia and the like
>under freebsd, than I ever have under windows.

Ah, I haven't as of yet.

Best,
G.

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759