Please explain.

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 18:58:02 PDT 2004

Plesae, excuse the messiness of the reply to a poster using MS's broken
formatting.

--- timh at tjhawkins.com wrote:

>  processor affinity design issue..  i.e.. processes stay on the cpu
> they are
> spawned on..which is a big problem for mysql which explains why it
> performs
> better on other systems.
>
> Furthermore, the SMP issue is a common problem among many FreeBSD
> developers
> whom have told me the same, there is alot of this information all
> over the
> internet. FreeBSD is unable to perform good on multiple CPUs, the
> fixes are
> just work arounds.
>
> Unless if the freebsd community has just started to fix the
> multithreading
> issue, it's a huge problem. Darwin does not have this problem
> whatsoever.
>
> Why do I care? This is a silly question. I have 2 windows PCs here, I
> have 9
> other workstations that all run unix. I am a server manager and I do
> consulting work for freebsd/linux. Windows came free so why not? I
> don't do
> business on it.
>
> I've been a really huge FreeBSD supporter.. but I am really concerned
> about
> this issue which has been an issue for so long.
>
> thanks,
> tim h.

Hello,

Because you failed to offer any proof of your assertions other than
repeating them, albeit with the addition of the vague statement that
"there is alot [sic] of this information all over the internet [sic]"
(which, if were true, begs the questions why are you asking here then),
I cannot put any stock in your claims.
My apologies to the community for rising to the troll.

Yours truly,

Stheg